My Geico Auto Insurance Experience 2013

My Geico Auto Insurance Experience: I switched to Geico in early 2013 as I believed my previous quality insurance carrier had raised its rates. Geico with its catchy advertising and lower rates was unfortunately at the time attractive to me. I enrolled with Geico with an alleged quality auto insurance package, which was stated to be a good policy that included even roadside assistance. This led me to believe that not only did I have what I’d had with my prior company, Progressive, but even more benefits at $61.00 per month lower cost. Unfortunately, due to heavy rain and apparently oil slicked roads my vehicle hydroplaned on August/26/2013. Despite the reality that I was well over a long car length away (i.e. not a compact car length away) from the large pick-up truck in front of me on the night of August/26/2013 at approximately 7:30PM, my vehicle slid and did not respond to my efforts to apply the brakes. It appeared that my vehicle, a Hyundai Accent, did not even slow down no matter how I tried to feather, pump or in the end apply hard pressure to the brake pedal. My vehicle slammed into the rear bumper of the truck in front of me. Thankfully, the very nice man driving the truck was not injured. The truck was also not damaged; however, my compact car suffered a crushed in front end and seemed, on the spot, to be obviously totaled. The nightmare with Geico Auto Insurance began here: 1) The gentleman drove his truck into the nearest parking lot off of the main road where the accident occurred. 2) I followed him into the parking lot so that he and I could exchange insurance information. 3) Both the gentleman and I had Geico Auto Insurance. 4) As I did not have my cellular phone at the time the gentleman used his cell phone to contact Geico to report the accident. 5) It seems the Geico phone agent was able to locate his policy promptly and he reported the incidents of the accident. 6) After he was finished it was my turn. The gentleman handed his phone to me to speak to Geico. 7) I recently signed up with Geico so I did not have my insurance card or information with me. 8) Thus I gave my identifying information, my social security number, to the Geico agent. The agent initially could not link my information to anyone with a Geico policy and this was the first tell tale crystal clear indicator of what was to come. It appeared that I had just experienced a major car accident, totaled my car, believed I had insurance, yet likely did not have auto insurance in reality. 9) This brings me to Geico’s very first mess-up, which I didn’t view as the clue it actually was. When I first purchased my Geico policy/enrollment and gave Geico my card number to pay, I was told by the agent that took my payment the payment went through fine. However, the very next day I began to receive automated phone message calls from Geico stating my card had been declined and that I needed to pay. 10) It made no sense to me that my card had declined payment. Thus I called Geico and spoke to a customer service agent about the issue. Through this call it was discovered that the previous customer service agent had noted the expiration date on my card incorrectly. When I provided the corrected expiration date the payment went through with no problem – or so I thought until the night of August/26/2013 when the agent could not find any policy under my information. Panic set in at this point. It is illegal to drive with no insurance and I’d just had a major accident. 11) It took perhaps 15 minutes or so and finally the Geico phone agent found a policy under my information, including my social security number. However, that policy, the agent told me, already had an accident claim on it and she was not referring to the accident that had just happened on this night of August/26/2013! She was talking about a previous accident claim. 12) My state of panic skyrocketed as I had NOT had or reported a previous accident to Geico. 13) I informed the Geico phone agent that there had to be a mistake because there was no prior accident. She proceed to continue to try to locate my policy. If I recall correctly she actually had to then place me on hold to contact another department within Geico to try to find my policy where no other prior accident claims had been reported to Geico. 14) Luckily, maybe or maybe it didn’t even matter, Geico finally did find my insurance policy – my policy with no prior accident claim on it. 15) By this point the gentleman I had hydroplaned into had determined that there really wasn’t any damage to his truck and he was not going to ask for any repairs or report any damages to himself or his vehicle. 16) The accident had occurred about a half hour before I was finished speaking with the Geico phone agent. 17) The slick road, by the way, also caused the gentleman’s girlfriend, who was driving an SUV behind me to get rear ended when I hydroplaned into her boyfriend’s car. However, she likely did not rear end me after her vehicle was struck. This is a small detail somewhat off the topic of the treatment I have received from Geico. 18) After we were finished reporting the incident to Geico I was able to leave and drive my seemingly totaled car the remaining four or so miles to my destination for the night. 19) During this juncture the head lights on my car were not working and there was something burning and smoking out from under my vehicle’s hood. 20) My car drove strangely the remaining miles I had to go and it appeared very obvious to me that my car was likely very much totaled and dangerous to drive. This was Monday night. My days off of work are Tuesday and Wednesday. I would need a car to drive ASAP as I had a variety of projects to complete as well as work Thursday morning. Since I was led to believe I had a good policy with roadside assistance (bells and whistles) when I signed up with Geico it seemed logical to believe I could get assistance and a rental car if need be. 21) My car made it to my destination on Monday night. Somehow after I got there the head lights came back on with no repair. Also the burning under the hood, the smoke clearly rising as something was on fire under the hood, had stopped on its own. This is really fantastic news, greater news that I realized at the time, because I was and currently remain a Geico auto insurance company. I have come to learn that as a Geico customer it is truly necessary to have a self-healing car!! 22) My Geico horror story had just begun. I was still to learn exactly how serious of a mistake I had made by switching to Geico. 23) The next morning the *** Geico style continued and kicked into high ever increasing gear. I spent Tuesday morning, frightened to drive my car, but determined to see what I could do about my situation outside of Geico as I was already beginning to get a clue, driving my vehicle to my preferred dealership to see if the dealership could help me into another car. The dealership looked at my vehicle and believed my vehicle was totaled. I was told to go through Geico to have them inspect the vehicle and take care of this portion of the situation. I called Geico from the dealership and the middle portion of the Geico *** Ride began. 24) After speaking to Geico from the dealership and agreeing to bring my vehicle to a residential location allegedly closer to the shop (i.e. a shop reportedly about 6 or 7 miles from the dealership) Geico wanted to have the vehicle assessed at I left the dealership and drove to this variant residential location. 25) At approximately 12:30 or 1:00 in the afternoon, once at this location I called Geico from my spouse’s phone and the particulars of my policy, case and situation began to come into focus. I did not have rental car coverage and Geico would do nothing to change this. Geico also did not care about the mistakes its company had made up to this point. It was arranged that a tow truck would come and pick up my car. 26) To have my car towed the Geico agent called the tow truck company informing me that all I need to do was give verbal authorization to tow my car over the phone. We waited until the tow company operation came onto the phone and when she did she began to state I needed to give tow authorization via fax or Internet signature. I was stunned and I stated to my spouse: “Rule number three when dealing with Geico, buy a fax machine and have it ready in care anything happens.” 27) My spouse got on the phone and began a long heated argument with the Geico rep. After listening to the sickening argument for a time I was finally able to leave the room and lay down in a different room to wait for some conclusion. I have major neck and upper back injuries from the accident as well. I was in pain and exhausted. 28) At some point I was able to give authorization for the tow via the phone and it was stated that the tow truck was coming to get my car. The argument with the Geico rep continued after this while I again tried to rest in another room. 29) The hours crawled by with no rental car, no transportation of any kind, summer weather over 110 degrees, etc. I happen to suffer from multiple medical issues including a genetic illness that causes autoimmune disease, Chrones symptoms, severe arthritis, compromised immune system, etc. I also have two types of heart arrhythmia. Etc. The hours crawled by and the tow truck never came. 30) Finally I told my spouse I needed to call Geico again to find out when the tow truck was coming to get my car because it should have been there a long time ago. After all I was told this shop was only perhaps 6 or 7 or so miles away from the dealership in a city much closer to where I was at now than when I was at the dealership. Thus that shop would logically be maybe 2 or 3 miles from my current location. 31) My spouse indicated I didn’t need to call Geico as the tow truck would come – surely, soon. 32) I had a bad feeling about the no-show tow truck though and I insisted on calling Geico to ask about why the tow truck had not yet appeared. I made that call to Geico and discovered that though I had given authorization via a three-way phone call and everything of that nature, something had gone wrong on Geico’s end. The tow was never fully finalized in that ordering process so the tow truck would never have come if I had not made this call. Yet another mess-up by Geico. 33) It was now about 3:30 or 4:00PM and Geico re-ordered or went through with all the correct moves to get the tow truck out. 34) The tow truck finally arrived close to an hour after the second ordering of the tow. I had actually gotten in my car and taken a short residential area slow drive at this point to try to relieve some of my stress. I saw the tow truck as I was returning to the house and flag the driver down to go ahead and take my car to be assessed. 35) Geico still refused to give me a rental car. 36) My car arrived at the shop for Geico to assess it at around 5:00PM or after that. As it turned out that shop that was allegedly so close seems to not have been close at all. That shop was allegedly now over a 30 minute plus drive away one way. The techs all left at 5:00PM. I was informed that Chris through Geico may be able to get to my car on Wednesday, but likely on Thursday sometime. I had to be back at work on Thursday. 37) At this point it was crystal clear to me that Geico had misrepresented the policy I was purchasing when I signed up. Geico had messed up with my first payment telling me it was confirmed and had gone through when it had not as Geico got my card’s expiration date wrong. Nonetheless, Geico gave me a payment confirmation number and told me the card had been good and the payment was made when it was not. I repeated the payment the next day when I found out it did not really go through as I’d been told. Then when a severe accident occurred Geico could not locate my policy, then located the wrong policy, then finally found my policy, then I learned how badly I had been shafted in what Geico had sold me. After this Geico messed-up on ordering the tow, then they failed to do anything to make any of their mistakes right, etc. Now as the car did not get into the Geico shop, which was also not located in the distance Geico had stated, on Tuesday day time it looked like I would not have a broken car to drive or a rental car to drive and I would miss work on Thursday, etc. 38) At this point I was horrified as it was obvious to me that the real condition of my car was not a relevant factor. 39) I understood that if I was lucky Geico would eventually declare my car totaled and cut me a low ball check so that at least I could suck up my losses and the bad treatment by Geico and try to buy another car, which would at least me safe to drive. 40) I also understood that the likelihood of Geico doing anything right by me as a customer was at about zero percent. I had never been treated this horribly by any company before. 41) It took a lot of ugliness and fighting on the phone to get my car assessed by Geico on Wednesday. As I predicted at this point Geico did not declare my car totaled while I am certain it is totaled. 42) Geico never gave me a rental car. Geico never did anything whatsoever to make its mistakes right. Geico also refused to upgrade my policy so that I could have a rental car and pay a higher insurance rate for this inclusion starting in September 2013. Geico expects me to pay a $1,000 deductable to have a car I believe to be totaled with a bent frame fixed (body shop work so it does not look like what it is). Why would I pay $1000 to Geico to have them surface fix a car with what I posit to have a bent frame?? Body shop work won’t make this car safe to drive. Etc. 43) It took more ugliness on the phone to get Geico to order the tow truck to bring my ruined car back to the place where we’d had them pick it up. This shop was no where near close like Geico had stated it was on Tuesday – so with no rental car, etc. I was not able to go to the shop to retrieve my destroyed car. 44) Moreover, it appears that the first request for the tow truck to return my car was messed up just like the first attempt at ordering the tow to the shop on Tuesday afternoon. It took a second run at calling Geico and the shop to re-order the tow to get my car back. 45) It took that tow service an hour or so to get my car back to me. And when the tow truck came and dropped off my car the Geico customer service experience continued yet more. 46) There was a ring of the door bell. I got up and scurried quickly, at a trot, to the garage to open up the garage door and accept my damaged car back after all of this Geico customer service ***. Well, there was my car, dumped off in the driveway, but the tow truck driver was literally driving away already! 47) I had to run after the tow truck to try to flag it down to get my car keys. I now had my ruined car stuck in the driveway. It was blocking the entrance to the garage. There were no car keys! I could not find my car keys! However, when I ran after that tow truck it just kept on driving away. 48) I was running down the street in hopes of cutting the tow truck off at the turn to the residential street when a lady who I did not know was backing out of her driveway. In desperation I flagged her down and begged her to race after this tow truck that was out of sight, but hopefully did not get far away yet. She agreed to help me and sped away in the direction I’d pointed I thought the tow truck had gone. 49) The nice lady managed to catch up with the tow truck in the end. However, before I knew this, while she had been trying to find the tow truck I had returned to my car and had been frantically digging in the door side compartments, the visor area, the glove box, the floor areas in front of the front seats, the cubby up by the dome light for garage door openers with no luck in finding my car key. I had even searched the mail box of the house thinking maybe the tow truck driver dropped the car key in there, but there was no key anywhere and no note telling me where to find a key. 50) Since the nice lady did eventually manage to catch the tow truck driver in her car she drove back and I flagged her down, desperate in the driveway, to see if she’d found the tow truck and had hopefully gotten my car key. She told me she had gotten to the tow truck and my keys were stated to be under the front seat. She waited in her car while I looked. Thank God my key was indeed under the driver’s seat. I showed the nice lady, thanked her and she left. This is my Geico Auto Insurance experience so far. I am certain Geico is not finished treating me like garbage. I will be driving an unsafe car an hour one way to work Thursday morning and Thursday night when I leave work at 7:00PM. Maybe my headlights will work and maybe they won’t. I have no idea what other serious safety concerns exist with my car considering the bent frame and whatnot which I believe exist in this case. However, I will be on the roadways with this car. Thank Geico. Moreover, anyone who has Geico at this time as well as anyone considering Geico my experience could easily happen to you. The wonderful insurance company I had before is Progressive. I highly recommend Progressive Auto Insurance to anyone!! I would love to go back to Progressive myself, except Geico has found an interesting way to keep me as a customer – it has abused me and now left me with this dangerous wrecked car, not worth $1,000 deductable to fix a car I posit it totaled. If I find my car is not totaled any time in the future I will get it fixed out of pocket and go back to Progressive. Paying any money whatsoever for Geico to assist in repairing my car, after the abuse I have suffered from Geico, would be insane. This is my personal Geico story. I will update as Geico abuses me further, which I fully believe is what will soon happen. P.S. There is no note or other statement in my vehicle to tell me what the assessor through Geico did find wrong with my car either. My car was simply literally dumped off in the driveway, blocking the entrance to the garage so no one could use the garage, with no note or communication on how to find the car key and the tow truck driver just drove away like this. I chased the tow truck a ways down the street bare foot on pavement hot enough to blister my feet to no avail. Geico literally expects me to pay them $1,000 deductable to fix the car at this time despite the reality it is likely totaled and despite their treatment. Had a complete stranger not agreed to be kind enough as to chase the tow truck and find out where my key was my car would have remained stranded in the drive way blocking the entrance to that garage until I maybe found that key. This is how Geico treats its customers. P.P.S. At least one customer service rep seemed to laugh at me last night, August/27/2013, while I complained on the phone about how horrible the customer serrvice was with Geico!!!

God forbid this happens to you invest in an independent adjuster. Don't be afraid to take them to court as juries hate insurance companies.

This is what "cheap insurance" gets you.

WOW, I'm keeping my Independent Insurance Agent! Worth noting that GEICO is a major funder of Police Radar - ensuring that your rates are as HIGH as possible!! http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/technical/view/97081/Re-GEICO-buys-the-radar-guns-for-police-deptsgt.html

View more comments (2)
Chandler, Arizona

Letter announcing they will not pay claim

A citation was issued, a police officer offered an opinion suggesting outrageous dishonesty about statement given by at fault driver, and I receive a letter stating the Geico examiner has performed an investigation and determined their client not at fault; they will not be paying for damages; the matter is closed. I was invited to contact him if I disagreed with his findings. I was met with a condescending attitude when I inquired how his investigation could be complete when he told me he was not aware that his client was issued a ticket at the scene. I also inquired why the passenger in my vehicle was never contacted. He explained he does not consider passengers accounts as accurate. I have tried to appeal to his sense of fairness, but again I felt nothing but his indifference. He didn't pretend empathy.

Geico seems to have a serious problem with not paying claims, same thing happend with me, there customer lied to them and they are taking his word for it.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
$12000

Don't trust on Geico insurance company.

I call for a quote and after they told me my covereges and I agree with that, they told me I will be paying 67.00 per month and I accepted then they asked me about my credit car or bank account number and I gave to them but after that they said I will be paying 116.00 and I got so mad about it because they will giving me different price and later they start to putting excuses and double my price but they almost submit my payments if not because I ask again about my monthly payments. So don't get Geico. I am not happy with this company!!!!

Most companies do not run your driving record until you agree to buy because it costs money to run DMV reports. Having been in insurance for nearly 10 years, the time I have seen this is when people are not truthful when disclosing driving history.

What most likely happened is when you were asked if you had accidents or tickets in a timeframe, you said no. Then, the price jumped after they ran your driving history and found activity. I saw that all the time when I worked in sales before moving to being a damage adjuster.

Lesson is to be truthful about your driving history and disclose it when applying for insurance. It will reduce the likelihood of this happening. This is for any insurance company, not just Geico.

Fairfax, Virginia

Poor customer service

I was rear-ended by a Geico-insured driver who accepted full responsibility. Geico reached out to me to get the claims processing begun, car towed and arrange for rental. So far so good. I drive a full-size sedan and need the space for my family. They tried to put me in a compact at the rental car, but upgraded me one tier to a small sedan. Still no space in the back seat, and when I called Geico they definitely had an attitude. "We already upgraded you and we're not obligated to provide a comparable vehicle." My insurance company tried to intervene and Geico said forget it. Poor customer service - glad they aren't my insurance. Anyone else notice there is no 'post' button on the Geico website for reviews and it's ridiculously, overwhelmingly positive reviews?
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

FRUSTRATED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

THERE WAS FLOODING AT MY PLACE OF WORK IN THE AFTERNOON, AND MY CAR WAS RUINED. I CALLED GEICO TO FILE MY CLAIM,AND DUE TO WEATHER, SAID THEY COULDN'T TOW ME UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. ENTERPRISE WOULDN'T GET ME EITHER. I WORK 35 MINUTES FROM MY HOME, AND HAD TO TAKE A $50 CAB RIDE BACK. I HAD ONE MESSAGE FROM MY ADJUSTER, AND CALLED BACK HIM AND HIS SUPERVISOR 5 TIMES EACH, WITH NO RESPONSE TO MY CALL. HONDA HAD BEEN WAITING FOR OVER A WEEK AND A HALF TO HAVE THE ADJUSTER COME OUT TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENT, WHEN AFTER THE INITIAL DAMAGE REPORT THE ADJUSTER MADE AT A DESIGNATED DEALERSHIP WAS $415.00. MY CAR WAS UNDERWATER, AND THIS ADJUSTMENT WAS COMPLETELY REDICULOUS, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING MY CAR WOULD NOT EVEN TURN ON. NOT ONLY WAS MY CAR NOT TAKEN CARE OF FOR 5 WEEKS, BUT NOT ONCE IN THIS TIME PERIOD DID I RECEIVE A PHONECALL FROM ANY ADJUSTER ASSIGNED TO MY CASE, AS I LATER FOUND OUT THERE WERE AT LEAST 3. I WAS OVER MY RENTAL PERIOD AND NOBODY WOULD ASSIST OR COMPINSATE ME FOR WHAT SEEMS TO BE NEGLECT OF EFFICIENCY ON THERE PART, AS THE 33 CARS THAT WERE AT THE HONDA DEALERSHIP WHERE MY CAR WAS, ONLY 5 CARS REMAINED AFTER 2 1/2 WEEKS, AND THEY WERE ALL WITH GEICO. I HAD TO PAY AN EXTRA $300 ON MY RENTAL OVERAGE DUE TO THERE NEGLIGENCE, AND NOBODY WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I HAD A 1,000 DEDUCTIBLE, HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR OVER 4 YEARS, AND NOT HAD ONE CLAIM UNTIL NOW, FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY OUT OF MY CONTROL! PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

You have to get a lawyer, they are never fair. The insurance industry is not your friend.

Miami, Florida

Mishandled Auto Theft

I submitted a claim on May 7th 2013 after my truck was stolen and still haven't received a dime from GEICO. I have since replaced the vehicle out of pocket for $26,000, paid for rental cars of $1,500, golf clubs at $1,500, tools and other stolen items (e.g. gift cards, electronic equipment etc..) for another $1,100, towing, storage and every other expense that came with it. I've paid for everything including the Police Reports. In addition to that, I had to pay off the stolen vehicle before I could get the title to it which was another $1,750. I upgraded the electronics in it with Bluetooth, backup camera, satellite radio (the works) for another $2,000. GEICO has since taken possession of my stolen truck after it was declared a total loss from the abuse from the car thieves. I am still paying the premiums for the stolen vehicle and now the new one so my premiums went up another $100 / mo. Not a dime from GEICO. There is no way to respond to their messages via email and every time I called the "Checklist Dummy" who was handling my claim (or I should say MISHANDLING MY CLAIM) I get a machine and days go by before a returned call. I tried my "Checklist Dummy's" supervisor and her voicemail is always full so you can't leave a message. Everyone in the loop here acknowledges this as a legitimate claim. I will be taking this to the insurance commissioner and the Attorney Generals office. This is one of the most mishandled claims I've heard of and I only scratched the surface of my experience with this auto theft. I had the criminal calling me at work and threatening me, been hung up on by GEICO's "checklist dummies" and paid out of pocket more than $30,000. I cant even hear their name without my blood boiling!!! I'm not done with them by any stretch of the imagination!!! I'm beyond pissed! I'm sure they couldn't care less.

#1 Your policy doesn't cover personal effects in your vehicle, most policies have a limit of $200.

#2 Your aftermarket upgrades aren't covered either unless you added coverage to your policy to insure them- all they owe you for is the stock vehicle you insured.

#3 if you had a loan on your truck GEICO likely paid your lien holder and not you I would check.

#4 most policies have a clause that you must fill out paperwork and return it signed and notarized before they will pay your claim you have to provide proof you didn't trash the truck yourself.

Good luck. :?

South Windsor, Connecticut

Don't buy Geico if you have a 4x4

I have been a Geico customer for over 6 years and recently traded in my 2007 FJ cruiser for a 2007 Trail Teams Fj Cruiser with aftermarket bumpers and a scarey winch. After switching over my insurance and telling them about the add ons I received a call about 3 weeks...

I have a car with 80,000 miles on it. I hit a herd of deer.

Geico said my value was 19,200 while every car appraisal site said 13,000 to 15000. There was 11,640 in damage on my car and they did not total the car. Now car fax will show that I had extensive damage in the amount of 11640 and I will be stuck with a car I can't trade or sell. Thank you Geico!

Your cheap auto insurance surely showed. In Kentucky you 75% before they total it. So to remedy this, they use cheap aftermarket parts and find the most unreasonable / bloated prices they can find to keep from totaling it. Steer clear and just pay a few dollars more per month for Allstate or StateFarm.

Even though KY code says 75 percent, as a former adjuster they will total a car at 65 to 68%.

My first adjuster at Geico was rude so I had my car moved and my second was at least willing to explain how and where I am getting screwed with Geico.

View more comments
Farmington, New Mexico
Geico Homeowners Insurance
Loss

Geico denied my medical claims

I was rear ended by a young woman going 30mph. I was stopped at the red flag of a bus picking up students. Geico admitted it wad her fault and gave me money to fix my car. Geico refused to pay my chiropractor bills because I had no oip covrrage. But since their driver...
Gig Harbor, Washington
Loss

Geico clams try to patch your car not fix!!!!

I am a current geico customer But not for long. I own 2 full coverage cars was hit from rear by another geico customer. and all they will pay for is patch work on my new 35k car. so I am being punished and have to have patch work on an other wise perfect paint job wow...
Phoenix, Arizona
Geico Customer Care

Dismal Customer Service

1. Never received notification for payment due on condo policy, and $20 late fee 2. Contacted Geico 4x, got runaround and assurance CSRs would call back, did not receive any further follow up 3. Finally contacted underwriter directly to have late fee removed, completed payment 4. Am reporting these actions to CA Dept of Insurance 5. Will be moving Autos, Motorcycle, Boat and home policies from Geico over the next few months. 1. Never received notification for payment due on condo policy, and $20 late fee 2. Contacted Geico 4x, got runaround and assurance CSRs would call back, did not receive any further follow up 3. Finally contacted underwriter directly to have late fee removed, completed payment 4. Am reporting these actions to CA Dept of Insurance 5. Will be moving Autos, Motorcycle, Boat and home policies from Geico over the next few months.
San Francisco, California
Loss

Geico refused to fix car after break in

Someone was seen by my neighbors messing with my 68 Mustang. Seat was broken and dashboard pulled out exposing wires. Geico sent a tow truck, hauled off my car, took it to their own garage first, then to a ford dealership, accused us of messing with it our selves, then told us it was now our responsibility to get it from the dealership. All of this was a two month ordeal with numerous phone calls between different departments and being accused of creating the problem even after interviewing eye witnesses that saw two men around our car. We already had lined up a new insurance company when they sent a letter saying they were dropping us. This is a terrible company to work with. They might be able to under bid your current insurance but if you can't depend on them, what's the point. Do not sign up with them.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Geico

The storm blew my motorcycle down,so I called geico, and all they did, was went on the internet and check the weather for Northcarolina and told me that the wind was only blowing at 5-13mph,so there for,the wind could not have blew my motorcycle to the pavement. That's what geico consider as an investigation. About the third day after the incident, I decided to call the corporate office, I told them how I was treated and a employee from geico corporate office told me call them back the following week,well I did and I did what he told me to do,geico, the corporate office, or the employee from geico that was assigned to my claim ,want answer, nor return my calls when I leave a message. I really can't believe that geico is treating me like this, it is very unprofessional for such a large company

Liberty Mutual is worse.... I got glass insurance and they keep telling me I have a $500 deductible.

When did that happen?

I got no notice of this, now they want me to pay $500 for a new windshield. I was thinking of changing to Geiko, but now, maybe not.

Anyone know of a GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY?

Greenville, North Carolina
Geico Claim

Geico refuses to pay!! With full coverage !!

Geico refuses to pay!! With full coverage !!
A couple nights ago I was on my way home on the parkway going southbound a deer ran from the right tapped the right front side of my car and took off running back into the woods. I got out of the car seen the damage (headlight, quarter panel, bumper) nothing major. I got back into the car the only lights on were the headlight was out and the windshield wiper fluid was out. got home called geico they set up an app. the next morning, they told me everything would be taken care of not to worry... I drove the car to NY to their Geico Xpress. So the adjuster told me everything should go smoothly. Got a call the next day stating that my car was totaled and the damages were 12.6k!!! I DROVE THE CAR HOME THEN TO NY WAS DRIVING AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED. He said the check engine light was on (the deer hit no where near the engine) whitch it was not the morning I drove it there, and they were not going to fix it!! Got in touch with the supervisor the 2hrs on the phone all he kept saying was he was going to give me a check!! I DON'T WANT A CHECK I WANT MY CAR!! The car is not paid off the book value is only 16k 13k would go to the paying the car off. I asked him several times can they fix it he ignored my question and continued trying to convince me to give them my car! My audi is fully covered been paying geico a *** load of money for 2 years then when I signed up I was told if anything were to happen to the car if it were taken into a shop I would be provided with a rent a car they also refused to provide me with one. Then after I decided to get an estimate elsewhere they would not answer the phone and when he finally did he told me the car was in the basement taken apart it wouldn't be ready for days!! My car is still in the shop they don't want to pay I'm so pissed!!! I should have stayed with State Farm !!!

Hope Cynthia will report the conclusion of her dealings with GEICO.

Featured
Stamford, Connecticut

Geico Med Pay: Should be Slow Pay

Geico has reimbursed me for about half of my med pay limits. They cut the initial checks 3 months ago. I am still waiting to be reimbursed for the remaining amount of med pay payouts. It is now several months later and I wonder what the *** is taking so long. I was...

Yes, the same process in regards to medical claims. Claims rep says that she handles over 100 claims a day and claims are reviewed by a board.

For a company pf the size of GEICO and the millions they make every year, they should have enough capable personnel to address the needs of the clients and process the claims in a timely fashion. At the end of the day this is nothing but bull-crap.

They simply do not care or have any consideration for the clients, they sit on the claims and wipe their *** with them with total disregard. I think the State government should take a look at these abuses, because these are abuses...no reason for seasoned claim reps to take that long to pay the money that belongs to the clients, they can easily spot things that are not correct...the greed of GEICO...a lot better off with a different company

View more comments
ID
#420332 Review #420332 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Phoenix, Arizona

Clames

They treated me like I was trying to file a fake clam . Ttook recorded statement over phone they took recored statment in person then call to say they were sending me paper work to fill out that needed to be noterized ( at my coust) and mailed back to them after there inspector was here at my home. the pepole was evry unhelpful and rude. If they are doing things this way I DO NOT wish to use them any more . I have now thinking about changing comp. There price is not the best . I have 2 other motorcycles with them but that did NOT matter to them. Only thing I can say I am glad it was not 1of my other motorcycles. ($22,000.00 each )

Two words: Spell Check.....consider it.....it might add more crediblity to your story...if we could understand just what the helll you are trying to say

my car was stolen at they found it burnt up but they made me send my cell.phone call log in an get some papers notarized then they tried to lie an say somebody called them an claimed I borrowed $from them to get my car fixed ...an did a face to face meeting with them

View more comments (1)