Geico - Adjuster Made Unnecessary Reviews - Now I'M paying for it!

My family and I have been auto and home policy holders for over a decade. This treatment and inability to resolve the situation is unacceptable.

I called Geico claims to see if my premium or account be affected in any way if I made a claim about some minor damage that had occurred to my passenger’s side door. The representative ran their “Accident Evaluation Tool” and deduced that my premium would not change and that no accident would be placed on my insurance record.

I went ahead and filed a claim and took the car to the collision center. The claims adjuster told me that a sealant would fix the issue, but he decided to replace the door and the side mirror as well. I honestly do not understand why he replaced the side mirror as there was absolutely no damaged to the mirror. He failed to tell me that by doing all this work, the cost to repair door would become over $1000, resulting in placing an "at fault accident" on my insurance record and Geico charging me roughly $240 more to my premium.

The claims adjuster made unnecessary repairs to my car, chose a more expensive option when there was a cheaper alternative available without an explanation as to how it would affect me, and as a result, I have been unfairly charged for the past year and an at fault accident has been placed on my insurance record preventing me from getting a better deal at another insurance agency.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Insurance Claims
Review category
review #589884

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Geico? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Geico. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Geico.
Filing a new complaint about