Los Angeles, California
100% full Not resolved

Related: Geico - Inability and deceitfulness in resolving issues.

My family and I have been auto and home policy holders for over a decade. This treatment and inability to resolve the situation is unacceptable.

I called Geico claims to see if my premium or account be affected in any way if I made a claim about some minor damage that had occurred to my passenger’s side door. The representative ran their “Accident Evaluation Tool” and deduced that my premium would not change and that no accident would be placed on my insurance record.

I went ahead and filed a claim and took the car to the collision center. The claims adjuster told me that a sealant would fix the issue, but he decided to replace the door and the side mirror as well. I honestly do not understand why he replaced the side mirror as there was absolutely no damaged to the mirror. He failed to tell me that by doing all this work, the cost to repair door would become over $1000, resulting in placing an "at fault accident" on my insurance record and Geico charging me roughly $240 more to my premium.

The claims adjuster made unnecessary repairs to my car, chose a more expensive option when there was a cheaper alternative available without an explanation as to how it would affect me, and as a result, I have been unfairly charged for the past year and an at fault accident has been placed on my insurance record preventing me from getting a better deal at another insurance agency.

Review about: Insurance Claims.

2.6
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Geico Auto Insurance
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $1500
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Geico?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.