1.8
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I've had GEICO Insurance since 1985. I've never had an accident during all those years GEICO has covered me.

This year, 2018, a negligent driver rear ended me. GEICO has done next to nothing to investigate the Other Driver At Fault accident and actually tried to get me to file a claim against myself for the injury sustained by my passenger. Why would GEICO do this?

GEICO never got the police report, never got the survelliance video showing the other driver striking my parked car, and it took 4 different GEICO claims agents to finally state that the other driver was indeed at fault. I am cancelling my policy and going with Progressive, the at fault drivers insurance carrier as Progressive did everything right by me and GEICO did everything wrong in my opinion.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geico Auto Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Everything to do with claims and roadside assistance, Difficult to work with, Having to do their legwork.

Comments

Review your policy and find where it says Geico is responsible for finding out who hit your parked car. It’s isn’t there. That’s your responsibility.

Absolutely horrible company. GEICO has absolutely no interest whatsoever in advocating for their customers or looking out for their protection.

Another driver of a large Jeep SUV who was distracted on his cell phone, double-parked in front of a bus stop, and flirting with a girl standing on the corner, reversed his SUV on a ONE-WAY STREET and backed into my bf's car (while stopped at in traffic) despite my bf's honking for 7 seconds (bf could not back up due to lane of traffic behind him, caused by this other driver). Of course, GEICO determined that my bf was at fault and assigned 80% blame to him instead of the driver that hit him, stating they could not prove what happened but still blamed him anyway. GEICO agent "Dion" had the nerve to asking my bf why his car was stopped there. How do you get hit by another driver who is double-parked at a bus stop, on his cell phone, and flirting with some girl on the corner while you are stopped in traffic and GEICO still blames you??

I will NEVER buy car insurance from this company. GEICO has ripped off me, my family and my bf for years. They are not looking out for their customers' best interests. They are just out to make money by ripping them off.

In a separate incident, we were stopped in traffic on a two-way street, hit head on by another driver in a minivan who hit us, fled the scene, had the cops hunting her down, the cops even wrote on the accident report that she fled the scene, and GEICO still has not held her responsible or completed this claim. This company is disgusting. Do yourself a favor.

Do not go with this company that is just waiting to take your money and pay other drivers when THEY are at fault for hitting YOU. GEICO does nothing but reward other drivers for their bad driving behavior.