Customer tried to turn left at a stop light but could not get thru without running into the back of my car.Customer said he was at fault and would pay out of pocket.

I took a picture of his D.L. and Insurance card incase. Customer refused to pay after a few days. Contacted GEICO and after several weeks said they would not pay because we did not have a police report.

Also said the customer will not answer or return GEICO phone calls.Now I will have to sue the customer for all costs for rental car and time off work to get my car fixed as well as car repair to a 2015 Range Rover.

Review about: Geico Auto Claim.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Too long did not resolve the problem.

Had an Experience with Geico?

Comments

you fell for the "i'll pay out of my own pocket(so my rate won't go up) scam"

prob was gonna pay w/income tax refund too!!!

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1310543

You call the police and your insurance ASAP after ANY accident. Get that at fault stuff recorded ASAP.

offconsumerpissed

As a Geico customer, I would be offended if they DID pay.You gotta have some sort of proof.

I don't want my premium going up $5,000 a year because they are dishing out a bunch of money because customers are calling them up and saying, "Yeah, definitely their fault! I have no proof and no police report!

Doesn't matter though!Send me thousands of dollars!"

to off***sumer***ed #1305783

So pictures of the accident both cars damaged.Picture of the customer, DL and insurance card.

Left the seen of the accident.I think I have proof!

to Anonymous #1305900

You have proof of an accident, not whose fault it is.

Cut your losses.Don't waste your time and money suing the other driver.

It's just a he said-she said situ and without a police report the court is not going to rule in your favor. Even if they do, good luck collecting.

The driver will likely be a no show and be in the wind long before your case is ever heard.Next time get a police report.