My wife, who has Geico Insurance, was rear ended by a driver that reported having Geico Insurance.The other driver was listed on the police report as at fault in the accident.
Geico refused to file a claim on the at fault drivers policy stating "We are currently investigating a coverage issue under Reservation of Rights that may or may not affect your claim. We recommend you file your damages with your own insurance carrier until we complete our investigation". They essentially implied that the other driver did not have valid coverage, and insisted that we file a claim on our own Geico Policy. Then, for several days, they gave us no answers, would not return our calls, and refused to provide us with the paperwork we needed (a denial of insurance letter) to have the claim processed under our own uninsured motorists policy.
Without the denial of insurance letter, they would not authorize and arrange for us to get a rental car, so we had to borrow our son's car, even though a rental car should have been authorized under our uninsured motorists policy. Every time we called, there was some excuse regarding why they could not get the paperwork completed and authorize our rental car.
It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had.I would strongly discourage anyone from doing business with Geico.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Claim service
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Geico Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "A guy insured by USAA opened his car door into my moving car and did approx $3K damage to my new car. It was unintentional but he admitted it to..."
- "My F-150, just having completed a left turn, was proceeding along the left lane of 3 lanes when it was struck by a car coming out from the right. ..."
- "I got hurt a work and back in 2005 I had 20 teeth come out from Taking Oxycontin for 12 yr...these rx pain pills caused my teeth to fall out....LM..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "Bought this chicken from killian rd walmart in columbia sc, horrible service on top of Bloody uncooked chickenNever again and if we would have gotten sick i would have sued..."
- "Please refer to the attaching photo with the purse I bought at USA about 3 years ago by US$ 218.00, however I am really disappointed that the quality of..."
- "As an adult I developed sensitive teeth and erosion of my enamel due to antibiotic use. I had been using Pronamel for about a year with no issues. Well I..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."