Geico customer service is non-existent.

233 of 658 Geico reviews

My wife, who has Geico Insurance, was rear ended by a driver that reported having Geico Insurance.The other driver was listed on the police report as at fault in the accident.

Geico refused to file a claim on the at fault drivers policy stating "We are currently investigating a coverage issue under Reservation of Rights that may or may not affect your claim. We recommend you file your damages with your own insurance carrier until we complete our investigation". They essentially implied that the other driver did not have valid coverage, and insisted that we file a claim on our own Geico Policy. Then, for several days, they gave us no answers, would not return our calls, and refused to provide us with the paperwork we needed (a denial of insurance letter) to have the claim processed under our own uninsured motorists policy.

Without the denial of insurance letter, they would not authorize and arrange for us to get a rental car, so we had to borrow our son's car, even though a rental car should have been authorized under our uninsured motorists policy. Every time we called, there was some excuse regarding why they could not get the paperwork completed and authorize our rental car.

It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had.I would strongly discourage anyone from doing business with Geico.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
233 of 658 Geico reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 15, 2015 #1079321

You guys are ignorant to how insurance works. For example, someone can purchase an insurance policy in January and making payments in March. They get into an accident in May and show their insurance card which show they have a policy from January until June. So when you geniuses call in a claim the company has to investigate. They cannot tell you that someone stopped paying because that is releasing personal information. It's not as simple as looking at a computer screen and giving an immediate yes or no. There are several steps that must be taken. Of course they are investigating to see if there is any way the can afford coverage because it's not fair that their person hit you. But no insurance company can MAKE coverage appear. Either someone has it or they dont. And for the last time....how would you feel if someone called your insurance company and told them that you were AT FAULT for an accident & to provide them with a rental? Wouldn't you want them to at least call you first?! Would you expect them to just make a payment out under your policy that you pay for without even speaking to you?!

0 1 Reply
tangow616

Aug 28, 2015 #1026546

Geico is THE WORST CAR INSURANCE IN THIS COUNTRY. They should be investigated for their unethical ways. They literally make me sick and I can not wait until they file for bankruptcy. I have encouraged about 6 friends, so far, cancel their insurance policy with them. Which makes me feel awesome.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Geico. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Geico.
Filing a new complaint about
×