My wife, who has Geico Insurance, was rear ended by a driver that reported having Geico Insurance.The other driver was listed on the police report as at fault in the accident.
Geico refused to file a claim on the at fault drivers policy stating "We are currently investigating a coverage issue under Reservation of Rights that may or may not affect your claim. We recommend you file your damages with your own insurance carrier until we complete our investigation". They essentially implied that the other driver did not have valid coverage, and insisted that we file a claim on our own Geico Policy. Then, for several days, they gave us no answers, would not return our calls, and refused to provide us with the paperwork we needed (a denial of insurance letter) to have the claim processed under our own uninsured motorists policy.
Without the denial of insurance letter, they would not authorize and arrange for us to get a rental car, so we had to borrow our son's car, even though a rental car should have been authorized under our uninsured motorists policy. Every time we called, there was some excuse regarding why they could not get the paperwork completed and authorize our rental car.
It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had.I would strongly discourage anyone from doing business with Geico.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Claim service
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Geico Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "This is a great story! I got a call that the Glendale police were at my home looking for my husband for a hit and run, I call him he is..."
- "I wrote this review back on Saturday, December 12th, 2015 and a lot of what I am going to say is a repeat, but there will be some updates as..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "Bought this chicken from killian rd walmart in columbia sc, horrible service on top of Bloody uncooked chickenNever again and if we would have gotten sick i would have sued..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "My husband was eating a zinger today and found an actual ROCK in the cake. If he had bitten down too hard he would have broken his dentures. The rock..."