My wife, who has Geico Insurance, was rear ended by a driver that reported having Geico Insurance.The other driver was listed on the police report as at fault in the accident.
Geico refused to file a claim on the at fault drivers policy stating "We are currently investigating a coverage issue under Reservation of Rights that may or may not affect your claim. We recommend you file your damages with your own insurance carrier until we complete our investigation". They essentially implied that the other driver did not have valid coverage, and insisted that we file a claim on our own Geico Policy. Then, for several days, they gave us no answers, would not return our calls, and refused to provide us with the paperwork we needed (a denial of insurance letter) to have the claim processed under our own uninsured motorists policy.
Without the denial of insurance letter, they would not authorize and arrange for us to get a rental car, so we had to borrow our son's car, even though a rental car should have been authorized under our uninsured motorists policy. Every time we called, there was some excuse regarding why they could not get the paperwork completed and authorize our rental car.
It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had.I would strongly discourage anyone from doing business with Geico.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Claim service
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Geico Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."
- "My wife was rear ended on the I-270 about a month ago, and the person who hit her flat out said it was his fault. His insurance was Geico...."
- "Last week an insured driver with Farmers Insurance mowed through my front lawn in his car destroying my kids swing set, landscaping and water fountain. I have submitted everything they..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Bought this chicken from killian rd walmart in columbia sc, horrible service on top of Bloody uncooked chickenNever again and if we would have gotten sick i would have sued..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."