Geico doesn't know what customer service means. Geico loves to put obstacles in your way.
My wife was rear ended on the I-270 about a month ago, and the person who hit her flat out said it was his fault. His insurance was Geico. I personally don't have Geico insurance, and after my experience with them trying to fix my car, I wouldn't switch at all.
Please note, my expectations were this. The insurance that you must have by law would serve its purpose.
The first check I received was at my residence of what they thought the amount of damage was. I took it to the body shop, and of course their estimate was different after an expert took a look. My first problem was getting them to take the advise of the body shop. I have no clue what a radiator mount is, but the body shop wanted to put on a brand new one for safety reasons. The body shop told me every time I went to check on my car that Geico wasn't talking with them at all and asked me to call and make inquiries. I seemed to get the same results. First they put in a crappy automated phone system whose voice recognition software doesn't work. Then you get a answering machine cause the department you want to talk to is talking to someone else. Press one if you want a real person, and it reverts to an answering machine.
Finally when I got a actual person it was, "Geico only uses used certified parts, no matter if it is a risk to your wife or kid." Not exactly like that. However the "Used certified parts..." was reiterated like a broken record and "SAFETY ISSUE" was what the expert said. I go to school full time and work nights. It would be kind of nice to know that my family is safe while I'm handling my business. I would also like to say the radiator mount was the only new part the body shop requested. So from a simplistic point of view, it wasn't anyone's intent to waste money. I have a 2007 Huyndai Elantra. It is impossible to expect new.
Geico never specifically said I "could" get a rental car while my car was getting fixed. I never assumed, and it wasn't a week later that I attempted to do so. Keep in mind I am busy, and sometimes I don't get home until 1 AM. So Geico "saved" money by me being cautious. Enterprise hasn't yet sent me a bill for the rental so maybe I am in the clear.
The last problem was this. I'll even flat out say where I went "wrong" first. The first check I received was pretty much forgotten until I went to pick up my car. I'm tired pretty much most of the time. The body shop gave it back to me. I needed to hunt it down, and basically I put the check into my account, and wrote the body shop a check for $2075.16. Geico put a stop payment on the check, and said they wrote a new one to the body shop. This was as of 30th April 2015. I'm writing this review on the 13th of April. I did receive a call from Geico, but they never said they stopped the check they kept on mumbling about the body shop and took forever to really say anything. I hung up well because I was tired. I have nothing but disdain for Geico and pretty much tired of the whole experience. I'll pretty much say, I was to angry I was no longer professional. I was saying things like, "If murder was legal, you'd be dead by now." and some other colorful metaphors. Geico is good at making a mountain out of a molehill. I do not regret getting angry cause the bottom line is they still need to pay the body shop. My next course of action is to check into small claims court or look into an attorney. I shouldn't need to kiss someones *** to get them to do a job they are supposed to do. Now my finances are in disarray just because I was tired listening to irrelevant ***. The most important words would be "I'm going to stop the check.." But apparently I didn't give them a chance to say they would. You're right it has to be my fault.
I uploaded copy of the check, I deposited via my phone's app. I hope the words "STOP PAYMENT" are enough to prove the validity of my review. I really hope people would stop using Geico. 15 minutes doesn't really save you anything. Maybe their ad should say something about actually having to use the insurance. I really wish this company would go bankrupt. Sorry to the people who actually work their or do they?
Well school is starting soon. For those who feel my pain wish me luck in getting my $2075.16 back.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I hope they die
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Quit taking so long to solve a simple problem, and pay the body shop so I can get me $2075.16 back
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Insurance Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was involved in a car accident on September 24th 2014 in which the who i had hit was uninsured and driving when he took off from the scene of..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "Nationwide Mutual Ins. Co.Allied InsuranceNationwide AgribusinessTitan InsuranceVictoria InsuranceTo anyone with Nationwide Insurance:Beware when filing a claim with Nationwide or affiliates listed above. They use a computer based program to evaluate..."
- "A couple weeks ago purchased washer & dryer. They said they will call to inform time of delivery. The day of delivery was was December 26th 2014. It turns out..."
- "I unfortunately purchased a pair of fake timberlands from discountedtimberlands.net without doing thorough research to verify that they were selling genuine Timberland shoes. I received them and it was obvious..."
- "My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post. Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "No, I would not order ANY pillow made with memory foam. Cut up memory foam won't be any better than intact memory foam and PROBABLY A WHOLE LOT WORSE. The..."