429 views

I myself am embroiled in an ongoing, arduous, time consuming and utterly hellacious claims battle with GEICO. 2 months ago my husband ran into a fire hydrant because he didn't see it in the rear view mirror.

He obliterted the rear bumper and the spare tire mounted on the back of the vehicle. We had full comprehensive with GEICO. My husband called GEICO becuase it was pretty serious damage, isn't that why customers pay for full coverage insurance? GEICO was very nice and accomodating at the time of the call.

The trouble started after the call. I brought the vehicle to the body shop GEICO told me to go for an estimate (they stated a claims adjuster would meet me there, there was no GEICO claims adjuster, just an employee from the body shop). The shop they had me go to for the estimate has a very bad reutation in our area and I was nervous to go in in the first place and advised the employee that I was not interested in having the work done there. He stated as did GEICO that I could have the work performed anywhere I chose.

Any expense above and beyond the estimated cost would of course be my responsibility. So , I waited very patiently for the check so I can have the work done from a reputable body shop (yes, the price tag to have it done properly is much more than the $1,067 GEICO estimate). After 3 weeks my husband called GEICO and they stated they had not received the estimate from their "adjuster." GEICO employee then states that he will call the shop to have the estimate faxed over again. After another week, we call the body shop and have them fax it, the body shop states that there was never an additional request to re-fax the estimate (hmmmm?) Another week later GEICO states that they are processing the claim (yahoo, I can finally get my car fixed!) Wrong!!!

The next time we hear from GEICO is a letter informing us that our policy will not be renewed due to information received from the Wisconsin DMV. I must tell you that we have been paying insurance premiums to GEICO since October 2002 with not a single accident by my husband or me. One accident with a price tag of just a little over a grand and that warrants a nonrenew. I'm thinking that 6 nearly years of premiums would be more than $1,067.

We chose to cancel our policy right then and there. 3 days after we cancel, I call to check on the status of our claim. I'm then told that the check was sent to the body shop GEICO had me bring my veicle for the estimate (the one with the bad reputation). I tell the agent that we weren't having the work done there and that I have a bumper and the body shop all lined up.

She then tells me that I have to go to that shop because we have a lien on my vehicle. I was shocked, so I asked her who has a lien on my vehicle? She gives me the name of our former lender. I tell her that our vehicle has been payed off since February 2007.

She tells me that she will sop payment on the check at GEICO's body shop and they will issue us a check as soon as they receive a copy of our title. My husband faxes the title to GEICO and calls to check if the fax was received. Dave informs my husband that the fax was received. 3 days later I decide to call and check the status of our claim.

I'm told that the fax was received but it hasn't been uploaded to our file (Dave told my husband it would take 24 hours to be posted to our file). I tell the gentleman I'm speaking with that it's been well over 24 hours past GEICO's time frame to post it. So, I insist on faxing the title yet again. I call back and speak Tony Shiloh employee Id# 8892, she tells me that it takes a while for the fax to hit the system.

So, I call back 45 minutes later and speak with Tequila Hubbard employee Id#132461 and told it's still not there and states it takes 24 hours to be posted to our file. That's it, I tell her that I will be calling back at 3:00 pm the next day and when it isn't posted that I will need to speak with a supervisor and will be reporting them to the Wisconsin Commissioner of Insurance and the BBB. I called right before writing this 11:03 am and was told by April Speal employee Id#125513 that the check was issued and would go out today. I know this was a long rant, but I want people to know what kind of company GEICO truly is.

Now, we are left to try and get insurance with GEICO's adverse influence on our record.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geico Claim.

Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comments

To Disappointed: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You either didn't take the time to reread your post or do not know how to use proper grammar and punctuation.

Question marks are used when you are asking a question. Commas are used before "and" when the words following it create another sentence. "Proofread" is one word. Commas come after prepositional phrases.

"Sometime" should have been "sometimes".

I could go on all day, but I'm sure you get the picture. Maybe next time you should think before jumping to belittle someone who obviously wasn't on this site to write an essay but rather, a rant.

@PissedConsumer477781

You're a bonafide *** and nothing less! What a FOOL!

will this post?

As an Independant Insurance Agent, We work for you so you don't have to deal with Cost-cutting Insurance companies that don't run your Motor Vehicle Report until you've already started your policy. Once they do, they either raise your rate or cancel you outright.

I've seen it a hundred times. A client leaves to save a $100 per year, has a claim, gets treated unfairly, then gets cancelled. It is a shame that Geico (Government Employee Insurance Company) has reduced our profession to a cost comparison industry. Price should only be part of the equation when shopping. How about having enough coverage so when something bad happens, you don't lose the shirt off your back? Simple answer. They don't care.

Idea. Call an agent or broker in your area for your insurance. They will get to know you and you will get to know them, and they will advise you on what coverages are available that you might need. Not what coverages you can do without to save $10/month.

Currently my daughter was a VICTIM in an accident with a GEICO customer, they are refusing to pay the edmunds or NADA value of her totaled vehicle. They keep trying to give me the trade in value, not the retail.

My argument is she has to purchase and replace the car in an accident where she is not at fault. I have provided them with internet searches showing I couldn't get the car for less than what I asked. They keep offering me $1700 less than the value. I have contacted upper managment and they keep putting me in this crazy loop, I contacted Bershire and they were no help.

I will provide anyone with copies of my paperwork and claim number (017593****101-131 date of accident 6/19/2010) at anytime, since I have seen that GEICO employees troll this site. This is why I am glad to be a 10yr State Farm Customer

I cannot take anyone very seriously when they post things such as this rant without having proof read it. The grammar is atrocious. This makes me believe that you have no idea how to handle situations with your insurance and are a complete ***. If you cannot take the time to simply sit down and reread what you are posting for all the world to read, I cannot take the time to assume you are intelligent. I am sorry.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe somewhere in you're inability to convey yourself clearly meanings got misunderstood. Did you ever think that perhaps someone wasn't doing their job and that it wasn't the company as a whole. In all fairness there are people in this world who aren't very hard working and work for great companies. It sometime takes a while to filter them out.

All I'm saying is I have no wish to believe in your story because it is poorly written and not proof read. The internet is really somewhere we think proper grammar should be, I know. That doesn't mean that if you're posting a review here you should do your best to make sure you don't sound like an ignoramus.

I had GEICO for several years. I was happy with them until I had to file my first claim with them due to an accident that was the fault of the other driver.

My car was rear-ended.

Even after the other driver's insurance company accepted blame for the accident, I still had to fight with GEICO to get them to change my claim so the other drivers' insurance would pay for the repairs to my vehicle.

Then after my second accident where someone ran into me (again, their fault) it took me 5 phone calls to get GEICO to change my claim.

I don't know what it is about GEICO, but they just seem to not

follow through with what they tell their customers.

Unfortunately I was left to do all the leg-work to get them to

do what they should have been doing without me calling every other day.

I mean, this is my insurance company and I think they should be looking out for me. Not for themselves. They do the least amount of work that they can get away with.

I got the impression that the other driver's insurance was more concerned about me than my own insurance company was. That's pretty sad. GEICO just didn't seem to give a *** whether I was hurt or how I was doing. I had to fight with them every step of the way.

I will NEVER do business with them again. They violated my trust as a policy holder and customer. I strongly recommend to anyone looking for insurance, do not call GEICO. They are liars. They'll take your money but don't expect them to take care of you when you need them.

let's get this straight, david does work for geico. he proved it.

geico is evil. that auto body company, you can imagine how that works. the rate is based on what you specific insurance covers, not on the damage. you see what geico is doing here.

they have to be killed. this time get these people, the satanic commies out. they're printing money and buying all the property, stealing everything. our money is worth nothing and they will have the only rights.

we have to kill them. do you understand what geico is? jews. they are devil worshipers.

not people of God. do you understand?

evil IS the Talmud. The jews are evil.

You leave quite a few facts out here.

First off, if Geico nonrenewed you for something they found on the MVR, that means you either 1)lied about something upon your initial application or 2) someone in your household has a suspended/invalid dl.

I can understand the frustration with the check processing, but don't blame Geico for nonrenewing a policy when obviously something on your end created it.

ok so you say the adjuster was out sick and he is human tha makes sence.

you complain becasue geico dropped you because of "something the dmv told them" and not your claim

that sounds like something in your driving record not geico. they do not owne the dmv. or at least i dont think they do.

you cry because you told them you have a leinholder and they did not read your mind and know it was taken off. if your leinholder or you do not tell them it has changed they will not know.

and they are legal responsible to protect the owners who are the leinholders.

most of these rants are your fault. this web page is ment to show what the compant did wrong.

so next time say this

i whent to have geico inspect my car the adjuster was not there and shop took several days to send the estimate to geico when geico should of had someone pick it up that day or something allong those lines. that is your only valid complaint.

o and just so we are clear i dont work for geico im just sick of ppl writing complaints on this page for thier own mistakes

Most likely the adjuster was out sick and had the bodyshop write the estimate for him. Sorry, but adjusters are human too and get sick.

Sounds like geico tried to fix the problem for ya though. Also on a side note, more than likely the claims person suggested an express shop to you and you declined it.

It'd be so much easier if people just listened to their claims reps and take it to the geico express shops. So much easier and less hassle for you.

Just a tip when faxing things to GEICO, ask for a personal fax number. The generic fax numbers they give out take about 48 hours to process.

About the lienholder, GEICO only gets information from you. If you don't call GEICO to tell them about you paying off your claim, then they'll send the check to the lienholder listed.

What a nightmare! A simple claim gone very bad.

First off, you had a collision claim, not a comprehensive claim - but how are you to know unless your adjuster told you this. The owner always has shop of choice, just must work of the insurance APPRAISAL (Appraisers write damage, adjusters manage claims) This could happen with any car insurance - just depends on if you get a good adjuster to assist you or a ***.

GEICO Reviews