Leaving GEICO? Beware. Doesn't acknowledge policy cancellation. Tries to ruin your credit.
Geico raised my rates after a fender bender, so I cancelled my Geico auto insurance policy in June by telephone because I received a lower rate from another company and bought other insurance.Then, two months later, I received a bill from Geico claiming that I had not paid my bill since June.
When I called to complain, they said there was no record of my cancellation and told me to fax proof that I had insurance through another company since June. The next day, I faxed the other company's declaration sheets, dated from June on all three of my vehicles. One month later, again received the same bill from Geico, threatening action unless I faxed or mailed the same information I had already provided. This time, I send the declaration sheets via Certified Mail with Return Receipt.
One month later, I again received a bill from Geico asking for faxed/mailed proof and this time, they threatened to ruin my credit record. After already wasting time and money via faxes and Certified Mail, my insurance agent had to call them in-person to try and put an end to this fiasco.
That was two weeks ago, and I haven't received anything else yet.The next steps would be Better Business Bureau, Attorney General's office and letter to my congressman/senator.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Insurance
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My wife, who has Geico Insurance, was rear ended by a driver that reported having Geico Insurance. The other driver was listed on the police report as at fault..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "I have been a Geico customer for five years and I have always been impressed with geico customer service until today.... something happen that made me ..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "Decided to purchase a dress - thought the company would work with me on return at least that's what I thought. Dress arrived and is nothing like shown ..."
- "I was burnt by blazing hott water while showering at the days inn hotel in reynoldsburg ohio,the water started off warm then all of a sudden a burst of blazen..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."