1.3
Additional Fees

Two weeks when I was parked at a retail ship, someone drove by and scraped off the paint on the rear bumper and another panel. They fled the scene so I ended up with the damage.

I went into the Geico car shop to get an estimate. The answer was the damage can be fixed with buffing of 0.5 hours of labor and some repair. They gave me a check for $170. I called a few auto body shops, each panel can cost up to $1000.

What is wrong with this picture?

When someone damages my car, why I am the person paying through the nose? This does not make sense!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Geico Car Repair Estimate.

Reason of review: Not protected against vandalism.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Not protect against vandalism.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 29.

Comments

Your complaint answers the question. Geico believes it can be buffed out, which involves a small amount of labor and some repairs.

The places you were told $1,000 per panel were obviously talking about completely replacing the panels. Two totally different things. An insurance company isn't going to pay for the expensive option when there is a cheaper one available. As a mechanic/auto shop owner myself I am typically not a huge fan of insurance companies, but from your photos I can assure you buffing would do the trick.

The expensive estimates you got were BS. I could do that work for less than $200 no problem.

My daughter had accident / found out bank never processed payment / geico told her they saw she attempted to pay / still would not cover her even when she paid up / she is 23 and now will have trouble keeping job/ really Geico ??