74 views

This is in regards to claim #259****, I hope these words do not go on deaf ears. I am sure you are quite aware of the meaning of IN GOOD FAITH.

In case you have forgotten which it seems your company has; the meaning of IN GOOD FAITH means honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing. Your companies practice of GOOD FAITH has been anything but this. I am again requesting that you take a look at my policy and claim that I had made with your company and the phone calls that were made to try to rectify the over insured amount that I had been paying before this one and only claim. If you take a look at the account you will notice that the phone calls made prior to the claim for the roof and other things was to reduce the insurance coverage because we figured out we were grossly over insured.

My wife was also trying to change the insurance policy coverage from ACV to RCV. When she asked the agent to change these things you will notice in the transcripts that the agent tells my wife these things can not be changed. My wife's jaw dropped when she was told the changes could not be made.

IN GOOD FAITH how can your agent tell my wife we can not change our coverage? This sounds like False information from an agent.

FALSE INFORMATION FROM AN AGENT IS DEFINED AS:

The purchase of an insurance policy demonstrates that the consumer understands that you need to protect yourself in the case of an accident.

However, the specifics of your insurance policy arent always easy to understand. How much coverage do you really need? Does your premium cover everything you asked for? Were all of the policys exclusions properly explained?

If your insurer misled you into purchasing an exorbitantly amount of insurance on a property that was well known to not be valued at that amount and ultimately failed to protect you in the case of an emergency, it could have misrepresented the terms of your policy and the agent mislead the insurer as to not having the ability to make changes to a policy. It is illegal to make a false statement or give false information in order to persuade the consumer to cancel or exchange a policy you already have. My wife asked the agent questions and the agent knowing that she would be earning a commission on the policy told my wife we could not make changes. This is exactly what your agent did.

I have ran a business may years and have had insurance on many properties and this is the first time I have ever heard from someone that we could not lower our insurance coverage.

Another term you may or may not be aware of is Insurance Fraud.

Insurance fraud is a deliberate perception perpetrated against or by an insurance company or agent for the purpose of financial gain, Fraud may be committed at different points in the transaction by professionals who provide services to claimants. Your agent committed fraud when she told my wife that she could not reduce our insurance coverage on our property and when she said she could not change our policy from ACV to RCV. The Agent knew what she was doing and did it with malicious intent. She new that our property was over insured by at least $100, 000 and she denied us as the consumer to make changes to our policies.

We made a claim and now they are wanting to settle with all types of depreciation on ACV when I had called to change my policy earlier and was denied the change to my policy. AGAIN we had tried to make changes to our policies and were told no.

Here are few things that I am going to do:

1. I am going to send a Freedom of Information Act request to your company via my attorney. I want all transcripts of conversations that were had between the producer and my wife.

I will be sharing this to the 10 Facebook Groups that I have for Home buyers and renters that are well over 40, 000 members, 4 local news channels. 20/20, Nightline, CNN, Fox News, my attorney, Banners and signs all over out state highway that my business sits along side and the launching of the websites:

SAYNOTOHOMESITEINSURANCE.COM

SAYNOTOGEICO.COM.

I have already received a lot of interest in the websites.

There are many people who have been in the same shoes with your company as I am and are ready to make their voices and problems with your company known.

I hate that it has come to this but I am again requesting you to reevaluate the conclusion that your company has come to. I am requesting a new roof on my home with an ACV depreciation that I had called in to make policy changes about.

I hope this has not fell on deaf ears. It most definitely will not be deaf ears when this situation goes public.

User's recommendation: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GEICO AND HOMESITE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geico Homeowners Policy Claim.

Preferred solution: Replace the roof on my home. In Good Faith do what is right!.

GEICO Cons: Claim service, Unethical and unfair buisness, Claims service, Unwillingness to make things right, Bait and switch.

Comments