Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Called to have an EX -husbands policy stop taking automatic payments from my bank account.During the call the agent insisted since I lived in the same house that I HAD to be added.

He has had this policy for 3 years.. I told her I don't drive the car or any car. She insisted. Fine now change payment method.

Three days later I get a letter informing me that the auto policy will be cancelled within 30 days. And a new policy offer with a 300. Increase because I had been added. I called back and explained to the agent I don't drive the car.

She had this very condescending tone and would not take me off the policy. She said her COMPUTER showed we were married so I HAD to stay on. I then offered to fax a copy of my Divorce settlement to her from 14 years ago. She said yes it was the 3rd time I (yawn) had told her.

She implied I was lying and her computer had the proof I was married. At this point pissed off more at her manner than the price increase on a policy that I personally didn't need anyway I told her I wanted to pay it off and would not be renewing with them. At this point she gave a snarky laugh and said she hoped I was having a Better day in a tone that said ( "really I have enjoyed being rude and difficult to you and throughly getting away with it). She then told me in a manner of some kind of legal authority that I would need to call her back with PROOF I had insurance on the car before the thirty days were up.

I went to Direct Auto got a better quote for my ex and even added my teenage son. They were professional and thoughtful. When I called geico back to give them Proof of another policy I commented how unfortunate it was they lost a customer (to the male agent who was just as nonchalant). He replied I don't get commission.

Well there ya go. Both of these agents would repeat the same sentence over and over if I asked a question it would be answered exactly the way it was before like I was mentally incapable and oh so tiresome.

In addition when I talked to the second girl I asked to speak to a manger and she refused to get one saying they would only repeat what she was telling me.Very rude

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of way they treat their long term customers and lying and deceptive. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of geico customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1356. Geico needs to "go with direct auto" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned geico customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Geico.

Comments