1.2

Last July, a GEICO insured backed into my older vehicle. I've had this vehicle for 22 years and it is in decent shape, short for in need of a new paint job on the bumper.

Initially GEICO claims agent gave me an option to take a reduced payment. Then before I was able to make a decision, I started receiving paperwork from GEICO on my car having been deemed a 'total loss' and salvaged title paperwork was filed with the CA DMV.

I have written to GEICO several times explicitly stating to initiate paperwork, all using their web portal. Unfortunately their web portal does not show a history of my messages to GEICO nor is there an option for me to receive copies of my messages. I, being too trusting of the process, did not think to take screen capture.

GEICO decided to total my car and filed the paperwork WITHOUT my consent.

Now I am stuck in a loop trying to get their filing undone. We'll see where it goes.

I've not been compensated to date for this mess GEICO put me through. I might have to take legal recourse.

Review about: Geico Auto Claim.

Preferred solution: GEICO to return a clean title on my vehicle and to fix the damages done. .

Comments